TENNESSEE REGULATIONS FOR PERMANENT COSMETIC MICROPIGMENTATION
- State of Tennessee Law states all new students enrolled in training for permanent cosmetic micropigmentation must be issued a temporary artist or an apprentice permit by and through licensed educator while performing actual live model hands-on tattoo training procedures.
- State of Tennessee Laws and Regulations mandates all new students training in micropigmentation and who will be practicing micropigmentation in the State of Tennessee must attend an educator’s pre-scheduled sterilization and sanitation seminar in conjunction with your County Health Department and obtain an apprenticeship permit with Tennessee State Health and Medical Related Boards.
- Students must also comply with a mandatory One (1) year apprenticeship under a licensed micropigmentation Practitioner/Specialist with no less than three (3) years of experience.
- All new micropigmentation students must obtain training and certification in micropigmentation prior to any licensor for performing micropigmentation procedures without the direct supervision of the licensed educator. At such time training completion and certification.
- Is issued from educator and one (1) year apprenticeship has been successfully completed, newly graduated micropigmentation students may then follow the proper application procedure for licensor with the State of Tennessee and County in which micropigmentation practice will be performed and begin performing micropigmentation procedures as a micropigmentation technician.
- Students training in micropigmentation who are licensed practicing physicians and or in the employ of and under the direct supervision of a licensed practicing physician for performing micropigmentation procedures, require attendance in the sterilization and sanitation seminar in conjunction with the County or State Health Department and to also obtain an apprenticeship permit with Tennessee State Health and Medical Related Boards while training with a licensed educator in the actual procedure study of micropigmentation in the State of Tennessee.
- Training certification of all students must be obtained by a licensed educator of micropigmentation. Training certification may be issued by educator on or before the one (1) year apprenticeship specified date expires or upon educator’s specified completion date of student‘s enrolled training course. At completion of micropigmentation training, the physician and or newly graduated student who will be practicing micropigmentation in the State of Tennessee, under the direct supervision of a licensed practicing physician will then be practicing under the physician’s laws and regulatory boards.
- Students training for micropigmentation practice in states other than Tennessee will receive a recognized certified training certificate upon completion of enrolled training courses and will then be required to obtain proper licensing and or permits needed in the specific state in which procedures will be performed, prior to performing micropigmentation procedures.