MICROBLADING EYEBROW PROCEDURE
Pre-care Instructions & Guidelines
The following are a few issues that will NOT qualify a person for a microblading procedure:
- Is currently pregnant
- Has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
- Is taking steroid medication or prednisone (off for at least 2 months)
- Has a visible open wound
- Has very aged skin that is extremely thin or severely wrinkled
- Has a bacterial or viral infection
Please check the following with your doctor before having a microblading procedure:
- Have diabetes
- Have been in remission from cancer for 1 year
- Have high blood pressure
- Using blood thinning prescriptions
- Have seborrhoeic dermatitis
The following procedures must be avoided 4 weeks before the microblading procedure:
- No Botox or Chemical Peels of any kind: these include Glycolic, Pumpkin, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, Microdermabrasion, IPL Facials, ablative or non-ablative lasers including Fraxel and CO².
- No Retin-A, Retinol or any anti-aging medical grade treatment system if used every day (stop with them 4 weeks prior and use just over the counter ones)
The following procedures must be avoided 1 week prior to a microblading procedure:
- All blood thinners including Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Naproxen, Motrin, Aspirin, Excedrin, Warfarin, Coumadin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Primrose Oil, Multi-vitamins, Fat Burners, Thermogenics, Supplements
- Antibiotics, Iron or Magnesium
- Any mood altering drugs
- If you have pain, take just Tylenol
- Please eat something 20-30 minutes prior to your appointment. This keeps your blood sugar steady and helps you to be more comfortable and less sensitive.
- Avoid any form of caffeine 2-3 hours prior to your appointment. Caffeine is a stimulant and will heighten your sensitivity.
- If you are required to take antibiotics before dental procedures, please follow the same instructions from your doctor before your procedure.
- No working out or alcohol within 24 hours.